I feel like springtime is right around the corner. I can almost smell it! Body lotions and fake smells have been leaving me feeling greasy. My solution? To make some body spray.
With the essential oils I use with my diffuser, I was able to make a simple body spray. Since my oils are organic- everything is non artificial.
What you need:
- Spray Bottle
- green tea bads
- aloe vera
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Grapefruit Oil
- Geranium Oil
- Lavender Oil
- Lemon Oil
- Brew Green Tea (at least 3 cups)
- Combine 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel into the green tea. mix until dissolved
- In a separate bowl, mix together a dash (1 teaspoon) of white vinegar with your preferred essential oils. I like to use equal parts Eucalyptus and Lavender oil. (at least 6 drops). Then add 3-4 drops of grapefruit and Geranium oil. Finally add a dash of lemon oil, as preferred.
- Mix the essential oils and vinegar well. Poor into green tea.
- Mix the the tea and oil until well combined. Smell the solution. Test on the skin.
- If necessary, add different essential oils to achieve the smell you like.
- Using a funnel, pour into the spray bottle.
- Spray away!
For storage, I add a plastic wrap to the top of the bottle and keep the spray nozzle off until use. Sometimes I noticed that the oil or vinegar can do something weird to the spray and have it stop working. To save the spray bottle, I only attach it when I’m ready to use it.
You can store this bottle in your bathroom for at least 1-2 months.