The Best Humidifier
Aromatherapy Diffuser: Professional Grade – Wood and Glass (Solum Lux Merus)
The absolute best aromatherapy Oil nebulizer diffuser on the market currently is the Professional Grade Aromatherapy diffuser by Aromis. The Aromis unit dispensing essential oil in its natural state as it becomes mist without exuding heat or water. It is made of natural pine wood and hand blown glass. There are no plastic parts or items that will rust or corrode when in contact with the oils like other diffusers. The nebulizer unit looks like a unique piece of art in any room and is a great addition to a home. Conveniently included is the timer that allows the unit to run in six 10 minute cycles turning off and on every ten minutes within an hour period. This is a great natural timer for those wishing to add this to a spa room for 60 minute spa services. The essential oil aromatherapy travels across a 30 x 30 room easily and provides a nice calming soothing affect (depending on the oils selected.) This specific unit utilizes nebulization to distribute the essential oil into tiny particles for aromatherapy.
Why Use a Nebulizer
A nebulizer device is similar to an inhaler for asthma in distributing essential oils and medication via the air. Air passes through the oil to create a a mist aerosol that contains the scent or medication as needed. Unlike a hand held asthma inhaler, the nebulizer does not need manual operation to work. Once its attached an on- it will distribute the concentrated solution until complete or turned off. A nebulizer is often targeted at medical purposes because it does not boil the solution prior to distribution like a vaporizer.
ZAQ Galaxy Essential Oil Diffuser LiteMist Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Humidifier With Ionizer and Color-Changing Light – 200 ML Capacity, Ceramic
An ultrasonic aromatherapy diffuser works to diffuse essential oils into the air via ultrasonic vibrations to agitate water to separate particles and oil to release negative ions into the air. The negative ion bonds with particles in the air to provide your space with the smell of the essential oils and moisture.
The Ceramic ZAQ Galaxy Essential Oil Diffuser is the best ultrasonic humidifer diffuser with a long 8 hour operating time. The decorative device glows a multicolor LED lights to invoke a beautiful night sky. The LiteMist model is not only energy efficient but also an auto shut off feature. The unit is BPA free and made of health friendly materials. Different from a nebulizer, this humidifer disperses a minimal amount of water into the air and is very quiet such that you can sleep through the night without any disturbances.
Apalus Glass Essential Oil Diffuser, Aromatherapy Diffuser, Ultrasonic Humidifier Air Purifier, with 7- Color LED Light,Auto Shut off
This ultrasonic aromatherapy device is also a humidifier air purifier. With the right essential oils, it can help clear sinus (we recommend peppermint oil) or ease a dry throat. It has two working modes: Continuous and Intervals of 30 second aromatherapy modes. On average it can work to provide an aromatherapy room for up to 6 hours in the 30 second mode. The LED lights have 7 different colors which can be random or chosen specifically to fit your mood. The shell is made of glass with a natural matte finishing. The ultrasonic tranducer vibrates at a frequency of 2.4 million times per second, making the water and essential oils easily distributed into the air. The ionizing mist has a balanced mist to provide humidifying effect to your skin. The humidifier is a great way to provide scents and hydrate.
Best Budget Diffuser: Tao Tronics Essential Oil Diffuser
The best budget buy ultrasonic diffuser we like is the Tao Tronics Essential Oil Duffuser. This aromatherapy diffuser comes with a wooden base and multiple colored light for different moods. It also has a time between 1 hour, 3 hour or 6 hour options. The three contemporary technology makes the ultrasonic diffuser extremely quiet while humidifying the room. The cool mist humidifier provides a calming effect, lowers unpleasant smells and helps dry sore throats. If the timer option is not selected, the 300 ml water reservoir allows the unit to run up to 8 hours before automatically switching off. The top unit is a lightweight plastic material for cost savings (compared to the other ceramic and glass options we selected as our favorites).
Best Portable Diffuser:
Essential Oil Diffuser – NOVA by Verelily – Waterless Aroma Nebulizer with USB Chargeable Battery
Hate Wires and being restricted to a wall outlet? The Essential Oil Nebulizer Diffuser Nova by Veralily is the perfect choice. This aromatherapy nebulizer diffuser is charged via a USB to microusb power cord. On a full charge it can run from 20-70 hours depending on the aroma intensity settings. There are three modes for aromatherapy intensity: 30, 60, 90 seconds on and 120 seconds off. The diffuser also includes a 1 hour, 2 hour, 4 hour time or the option to run aromatherapy continuously. In addition to the freedom and flexibility of being wirelsss, the unit also is extremely quiet. No water or heat is required for this diffuser. Veralily uses the nebulizing technology to only use essential oils.
The spill safe container makes it a great choice for long car rides without any worry. The bottle design features a tilt sensor that makes the nebulizer automatically shut off for safety. Veralily also includes a bottle for essential oils in cases that your own bottle does not fit into the diffuser. Its designed to be discreet, so only a minimal light for menu functions are provided.
Heated Essential Oil Diffusers
While a heated diffuser has many benefits, we feel that the heated oil process wastes a lot of oil. Instead we recommend diffusers that either nebulize or uses ultrasonic technology to distribute essential oil aromatherapy scents. A nebulizer is more efficient in essential oil distribution. Humidifiers are also more efficient than the heated devices.
Top Five uses for an Essential Oil Diffuser
Ever walk into a department store and take a deep breathe of a fresh scented air? Most likely the store was using a nebulizer diffuser or a humidifer to help clean, humidify, and scent the path you were walking. Depending on the oils selected, aromatherapy has health benefits such as reducing anxiety, a calming effect, boost energy levels, help sleep, and more. The best way to dispense aromatherapy is the use of a diffuser (nebulizer or humidifier).
Here are our top 5 recommended uses for a diffuser:
- Clean air of Viruses and Bacteria. Certain essential oils have the ability to destroy microbes like bacteria and viruses. The National Association for Hollistic Aromatherapy recommends lemon, eucalyptus, lemongrass, and teal tree essential oil. Using a diffuser in a common area can reduce the spread of germs while at the same time provide a fresher scent to the room.
- Mood Balancing. Aromatherapy uses different essential oils to help people either relax and sleep or feel invigorated. To destress and relax, a humidifier diffuser and distribute the chamomile and lavender scent in the room to help the mind and body relax. To gain that uplifting emotion, orange or citrus scented oil can help inspire high spirits and productivity.
- Natural Insect Repellent. During the summertime, many people buy Citronella scented candles with additional chemicals. A diffuser can be used with an essential Citronella oil to provide better protection throughout the entire room.
- Cooling Humidifier Effect. Ultrasonic Humidifier units provides mist in addition to essential oils. The device can help to cool a room while providing a wintergreen or peppermint scent to make people feel fresh and cool.
- Reduction of Allergies or other Related Breathing Concerns. A diffuser can help humidify a room to reduce the strain of sore dry throats. In addition, certain essential oils (like clove oils) can reduce inflammation and congestion to clear sinus.
The Best for Aromatherapy Benefits
How does aromatherapy work? As a person smells, receptors in the nose send messages through the nervous system to the brain. Within the brain, the limbic system associates certain scents with previous experiences and different emotions. Some studies have shown that aromatherapy might have health benefits like relief from depression and improved quality of life. Aromatherapy can be used every day. Lavender and other scents can be diffused by a humidifier into a room for those wanting to create a relaxing atmosphere either for sleep or a massage. Many oils can help with multiple ailments. In addition, every person is different, and may associate a smell with a different experience and mood. So if one oil scent doesn’t help, try another oil to see if another scent helps. Here are some essential oils we recommend for aromatherapy:
- Headaches: eucalyptus, basil, chamomile, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Anxiety: vanilla, lavender, chamomile, rose, pine, marjoram, and orange/lime.
- Depression: lemon, marjoram, peppermint, rosemary, sandalwood, cedarwood, jasmine, lavender, and geranium.
- Fatigue: peppermint, basil, cedarwood, clove, jasmine, and vanilla.
- Sinus congestion: clove, angelica, cypress, eucalyptus, fennel, ginger, hyssop, juniper, rosemary, tea tree
- Muscle soreness: chamomile, eucalyptus, frankincense, ginger, geranium, juniper, lemon grass, lemon verbena, rosemary, sandalwood, bay, caraway, and myrtle.
Disclaimers. There is no medical evidence that essential oils or aromatherapy can cure or prevent any specific disease. Aroma therapists say there is a link between the brain and the association of scents. Have you ever smelled an orange or lemon and felt your mouth puckering up? Aromatherapy focuses on a person’s association of scents and previous emotional connections. The scent of lavender is often associated with relaxation and sleeping, thus helping one combat anxiety and depression. That’s aromatherapy!